Transformations of Faith is a contemporary expression of timeless Wisdom as understood through the lens of the Restored Gospel.
Evolving a new language for a new generation, Thomas McConkie explores deep truths from the world’s religious traditions with a steady eye on how we can, as Latter-day Saints, become “living stones," building Zion together here and now.
Introduction to the Course
In this sample segment from the course titled "Expect Dramatic Results," Thomas shares a profoundly hopeful message: enduring to the end should not supplant the real possibility of dramatic spiritual transformation here and now.
- Introduction to Knowing From the Heart
- The Dancing Walls of the Chapel
- Did Not Our Hearts Burn Within Us?
- The Subtle Heart
- Working With the Practices That Work for You
- Asking a Real Question (Meditation)
- Introduction to Divine Reading
- Read, Ponder, Pray, Rest (Meditation)
- A Heart of Flesh (Meditation)
- Heart Yoga (Meditation)
- Come What May and Love It (Meditation)
- The Mystic and the Philosopher: Session 3 / Repentance
- The Most Important Psychology You've Never Heard Of
- Our Most Basic Needs
- The Energy Centers and the Gospel
- Our New Nature In Christ
- Examples of the Energy Centers From Everyday Life
- Exploring Your Own Energy Centers
- Healing Across the Generations
- New Perspectives on Obedience, Repentance
- Practicing Unconditional Kindness (Meditation)
- The Mystic and the Philosopher: Session 4 / Sin
- What Do We Mean by Development?
- The Field of Adult Development
- The Risks of Working With Adult Development
- God's Orchestra
- Stages of Faith
- A Simple Developmental Map
- Second-Person Perspective
- Third-Person Perspective
- Perfect and Progressing (Meditation)
- Fourth-Person Perspective, Context Aware
- Pitfalls of the Fourth-Person Perspective
- Fifth-Person Perspective, Awareness of Awareness
- Sixth-Person Perspective
- Infinite Life in Christ (Meditation)
- The Mystic and the Philosopher: Session 5 / Baptism
- Remembrance (Meditation)
- Metamorphosis Revisited
- How Do I Grow?
- A Look at Where We've Been
- Expect Dramatic Results
- Yesterday's Tonic Is Today's Toxin
- Body of Christ
- Just Messing Around With the Ego
- Christ Is All (Closing Meditation)
- This Is Just the Beginning
- The Mystic and the Philosopher: Session 6 / The Gift of the Holy Ghost
About Thomas McConkie
Thomas McConkie is the founder of Lower Lights School of Wisdom and has a passion for the Wisdom teachings of the world, especially as they pertain to the Restoration.
He is trained as a developmental researcher, facilitator, and mindfulness teacher and has been in practice for over 20 years.
Sign up now
- Over 10 hours of video course content with Thomas McConkie
- Access to "The Mystic and the Philosopher" — 2 hours of supplemental conversations with Thomas and Adam Miller
- Access to private podcast with audio versions of all content
- Written transcripts of all content
- Life practices including journal prompts and reflections
"God is present not absent. Near not far. Here not there. Ready not reluctant. As a result, Thomas McConkie's invitation is simple: learn how to pray—deeply, honestly, continually—and see for yourself."
—Adam S. Miller, author of An Early Resurrection: Life in Christ BeforeYou Die
Financial aid is available to those who would like to take the course but are currently unable to afford the enrollment price.
If you would like to apply for financial aid, please email [email protected] telling us more about your situation, including why you'd like to take the course, and we'll be in touch quickly.
A special thanks to Pleasant Pictures Music Club for generously donating the music used in the course.